TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ISSUE OF DIGITAL ISIC, IYTC and ITIC
When applying for digital ISIC, IYTC and ITIC Cards, the following terms and conditions are regarded as being accepted by the Applicant. For this reason, please read the terms and conditions thoroughly before applying for your digital ISIC, IYTC and ITIC.
Applicant means the individual submitting the application for the dispensing of Card.
Application procedure means a process for online ordering application for the dispensing of a digital ISIC, IYTC or ITIC, defined by the ISIC ASSOCIATION.
Application fee means the fee, which is paid by the Applicant to the Representative, for processing the application.
Benefits describe discounts or preferential access granted to holders of ISIC, IYTC and ITIC when presenting their valid identification. These benefits cover an array of products and services offered both at physical locations (retail or otherwise) and online. Alternative names: “discount” and “concessions” and “facilities”.
Card or Cards - all references to Card or Cards, whether or not written in capital, means any approved digital or other virtual carrier of identification status utilized in reference to definitions contained in the ISIC Association Constitution and Convention. Cards mean the ISIC, IYTC and ITIC.
International Student Identity Card ISIC is the official identity carrier of verified student status distributed by the Association and forms its core product. Alternative names: “ISIC”, “the ISIC” and “ISIC Card”. Abbreviations used in Articles: “ISIC” and “the ISIC”. ISIC is the only globally recognized proof of full-time student status issued in close to 130 countries. It is endorsed by organizations such as UNESCO, the European Council on Culture and the Andean Community of Nations. The Card is recognized by universities, academic institutions, student organizations, national governments and ministries of education around the world (please ask your preferred organizations/institutions if they recognize the Card).
The ISIC ASSOCIATION (INTERNATIONAL STUDENT IDENTITY CARD ASSOCIATION) is the non-profit organization that is responsible for the ISIC, IYTC and ITIC Cards worldwide. For more information about the ISIC Association please visit the ISIC Association website www.isicassociation.org.
ISIC Global Office is the wholly-owned management company of the Association and is charged with its day-to-day operations and sales/operational management support of Representatives. Abbreviation used in Articles: “IGO”.
International Teacher Identity Card ITIC is the official identity carrier of verified teacher status for individuals in the teaching profession. Alternative names: “ITIC”, “the ITIC” and “ITIC Card” Abbreviations used in Articles: “ITIC” and “the ITIC”. ITIC is available to full-time teachers or professors.
International Youth Travel Card IYTC is the official identity carrier of verified youth status for people under 31 years of age. Alternative names: “IYTC”, “the IYTC” and “IYTC Card”. Abbreviations used in Articles: “IYTC” and “the IYTC”. IYTC is available to individuals aged 30 years old or younger, who are not full-time students.
Representative – Horizons A/S, registration number 11153380 headquartered Nytorv 5, 1450 Copenhagen K, Denmark, [email protected]. Representative has been appointed by the ISIC ASSOCIATION to issue the Cards on behalf of ISIC ASSOCIATION.
Serial number is the unique code assigned for identification of each single Card-holder.
1. The object of the terms and conditions for issue of Cards
1.1 These terms and conditions apply to the order through an online ordering application for the dispensing of a digital ISIC, IYTC or ITIC Card/s (hereinafter "Cards" or "Cards"), operated by Horizons A/S, registration number 11153380 headquartered Nytorv 5, 1450 Copenhagen K, Denmark, which is a private limited company (hereinafter referred to as "Representative") on behalf of the ISIC ASSOCIATION registration number 26746760, headquartered Nytorv 5, 1450 København K. Denmark.
1.2 The Representative is granted the rights by IGO on behalf of the ISIC ASSOCIATION to distribute and issue the Cards.
1.3 The application procedure of distribution and the issue of the Cards are defined by the ISIC ASSOCIATION. The Representative must follow the application procedure to comply with the ISIC ASSOCIATION Constitution, ISIC ASSOCIATION Convention and Representative’s (P)ER agreement.
1.4 ISIC ASSOCIATION is the owner of the Cards and is responsible for the Cards and the implementation of the Card holder rights as much as it is described on the ISIC ASSOCIATION website www.isicassociation.org.
1.5 The Representative is responsible for the satisfactory examination of the application of the Applicant and the delivery of the serial number for the Card to the Applicant, corresponding to the eligibility criteria’s as well as these terms and conditions.
1.6 If the Applicant does not accept these Conditions for issuing digital ISIC, ITIC and IYTC, she/he cannot apply for the Cards.
1.7 All contractual relationships between the Representative and the Applicant (hereinafter "Card Applicant") are made in accordance with the Danish law.
2. The Representative is responsible for satisfactory examination and acceptance of the Applicant’s application and the delivery of the serial number to the Applicant, corresponding to the rules, governing the issuance of the Cards as laid down in the ISIC Constitution, ISIC Convention, (P)ER agreement as well as these terms and conditions; while the Applicant is responsible for the payment of a fee to the Representative, provision of correct and precise data required by the terms and conditions, and activating Applicant’s Card profile in the ISIC App.
2.1 All Cards are issued as digital Cards accessible via ISIC App. Physical Cards are not available. The list of countries where the ISIC app is valid and available for download is available on the website https://www.isicdanmark.dk/studierabatter/isic-app/
2.2 Currently the following devices are supported for the ISIC App: Android smartphones: Android OS 4.4 and higher; iPhones IOS 8.0 and higher. For those users that do not have the above mobile devices please visit the mobile website https://m.isic.org. The list of devices that are supported for ISIC App is available on the website https://www.isic.org/faq/.
2.3 If the Applicant has ordered a Card and the Card order has been accepted by the Representative, it is the Applicant’s responsibility to activate Applicant’s Card profile in the ISIC App.
2.4 To gain access to the benefits offered by ISIC ASSOCIATION, the Card holder must have a profile with an active digital Card in the ISIC App.
2.5 The Applicant completes the Card by creating a profile on the ISIC App. The Card Applicant must, in this connection, download ISIC app on their mobile device, and complete the profile by following the instructions on the ISIC App
3. All Cards shall be ordered online via www.isicdanmark.dk website.
4. On the website https://www.isicdanmark.dk/kob-isic-kort/checkout-basket/ Applicant is asked to choose one of the preferred Cards. After choosing the Card Applicant has to provide the personal data for eligibility check, issue of the Card and payment. The data must be personal, correct and specific as the Card is a valid form of personal ID in some countries. The Cards are only for the personal use. The communication with the Applicant as well as the delivery of the serial number is performed via the mobile phone and or the email address provided by the Applicant when ordering the Card.
5. After submitting the data, the Applicant is asked to read and accept the terms of these conditions of issue and checking their personal data for typos or errors. By clicking ‘continue’ the Applicant is linked to the payment page to proceed the payment.
6. After provision of payment and Card data; and clicking ‘Pay’, The Representative considers that the Applicant to have entered into an agreement with the Representative. The Representative begins processing the application immediately after the payment is verified by the payment institution.
7. The Representative sends a verification link to the Applicant, where the Applicant is asked to verify their status and upload their photo. After the Applicant’s status is verified by the Representative, the Representative sends the approval email including the serial number to the Applicant and the procedure of Card issue is over.
8. Applicant receives a link with instruction to download ISIC app in the approval email. Following the link and the rules of ISIC App, Card Applicant activates the Card in the ISIC App.
9. It takes up to 2 business days for the Representative to verify the Applicant’s compliance with the eligibility criteria.
10. The Applicant must be aware that the Right of cancelation does not apply for the Card’s issue. The Card issue fee is not refundable due to the cancelation of order after submitting the application. Ordering a Card is a subject to the exceptions from the right of withdrawal, approved by Directive 2011/83/EU on consumer rights, Article 16C.
11. Applicant is charged a fee of 150 DKK for the dispensing of a digital Card. Discounted or free dispensing of a digital Card applies only if a promotional code is used at the time of payment.
12. All prices include VAT. Full payment must be made at the time of submitting the application.
14. Payment may be made with a payment card, credit card or MobilePay.
15. Eligibility and validity
15.1 The following shall qualify to apply for an ISIC:
15.1.1 The Applicant is a students engaged in primary, secondary, tertiary, postgraduate, continuing education or language studies that are enrolled in an institution which is duly accredited by the ministry or official governing body for education of the country in which it is located.
15.1.2 Qualifying student status is defined as being minimally 15 hours of study a week for at least 12 weeks per year.
15.1.3 The Applicant needs to be 12 years of age or older.
15.1.4 ISIC Card is valid for 12 months from the day of issue, unless voided by the Representative before the expiry, see 15.4.
15.2 The following shall qualify to apply for an IYTC:
15.2.1 The Applicant needs to be up to and including 30 years of age, with the expiration of the Card being prior to the holder’s 31st birthday.
15.2.2 IYTC Card is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, unless the Card was issued less than 12 months from the 31st birthday, whereas the Card will expire one day prior to the holder's 31st birthday; and unless voided by the Representative before the expiry, see 15.4.
15.3 The following shall qualify to apply for an ITIC:
15.3.1 The Applicant is a part of teaching staff at an institution engaged in primary-, secondary-, tertiary-, postgraduate-, continuing education or language studies which is duly accredited by the ministry or other official governing body for education of the country in which it is located.
15.3.2 ITIC Card is valid for 12 months from the day of issue, unless voided by the Representative before the expiry, see 15.4.
15.4 The Card can and will be canceled without notice, before or after issuing, if the Applicant’s information proves to be inaccurate or false, with no possibility for a refund. Any benefit, product or service obtained with the Card that has been subsequently canceled may be revoked and will not be entitled to any compensation.
15.5 All Cards are strictly personal and may only be used by the Card holder.
15.6 Representative, on behalf of ISIC Association, reserves the right to cancel a Card without notice if Representative deems that the Card holder has misused the Card. The Card holder will not be entitled to any compensation or refund in that connection.
15.7 The validity period for Cards begins immediately, as soon as the order is completed, i.e. the Card application has been accepted by the Representative.
16. Questions regarding Cards should be addressed in writing to: [email protected].
17. Notification on amendments to Terms and conditions will be posted on the website www.isicdanmark.dk. Amendments to Terms and conditions takes effect from the date of notification.
18. As a part of Card management, you will receive e-mails, newsletters and notifications from the Representative and ISIC ASSOCIATION containing relevant membership benefits and offers, information on events and discounts and offers and benefits that are available from Representative, ISIC ASSOCIATION and collaboration partners. ISIC ASSOCIATION collaborates with businesses within the tourism, automotive, clothing, drinks, hotel, travel and other industries. You can always see a list of ISIC ASSOCIATION’s current collaboration partners at www.isic.org.
18.1 It will be Representative and IGO that sends out the offers on behalf collaboration partners.
18.2 If you have previously consented to receiving e-mails and newsletters from Representative or IGO but no longer wish to receive these e-mails and newsletters, push up notifications you can unsubscribe by e-mailing [email protected] or by clicking Unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter.
18.3 You may withdraw your consent for receiving e-mails and newsletters from Representative or IGO, ISIC Association at any time.
20. Disputes between the Applicant and the Representative are settled by negotiation. If the Applicant and the Representative fail to settle the dispute through negotiation, the dispute will be settled in the court of Copenhagen under the Danish substantive law.
21. The Representative is exempt from any liability, including repayment of Card due to Card issuance delays and/or other consequences caused by circumstances beyond the control of the Representative, including fire, strike and lockout.
22. The Representative is not responsible for any typos or other errors.
23. The Representative does not compensate for expired or amended discounts offered by the ISIC Association. If the Applicant becomes aware of expired and/or changed discounts or agreements, the Applicant shall contact the ISIC Association via the ISIC app or email [email protected]
24. DECEPTION / FRAUD. ISIC, IYTC and ITIC serve as an ID. Any deception with name, date of birth, photo, place of study or the like will be considered fraud and handed over to the relevant authorities for prosecution. In case of deception or fraud the Card will also be canceled immediately by the Representative.
 Directive 2011/83/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011 on consumer rights, amending Council Directive 93/13/EEC and Directive 1999/44/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council and repealing Council Directive 85/577/EEC and Directive 97/7/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council Text with EEA relevance OJ L 304, 22.11.2011, p. 64–88, Special edition in Croatian: Chapter 15 Volume 008 P. 260 – 284.
The supply of goods made to the consumer’s specifications or clearly personalized.